eugenia nyarkoMay 24, 2019
2face.jpg?fit=1000%2C645&ssl=1

2min120

Legendary Musician in the Nigerian Music Industry, 2Face Idibia has raised a cry over corruption in the management of the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON)

According to him, “From the figures share recently, COSON has lost about N250m to the crisis that erupted with the December 7, 2017 sacking of Chief Tony Okoroji as ‘chairman’.

“The society collected N200m less than the sum of the previous year and spent over N50m on lawsuits and office security within the year. Simple compliance with the NCC’s directives or submission to the wide call for independent audit to prove the innocence of the directors against allegations of financial misconduct may have saved COSON at least, N230m, that’s assuming the audit cost N20m’.

“To worsen issues, the license don kuku expire sef making it criminal for COSON to demand and collect royalties on behalf of members.

“Then today we see this: “With respect to the COSON mandate to carry on its operations … COSON has been assured by its team of lawyers that with the various issues still awaiting determination at various courts and with the recent decisions of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, no one has the power to unilaterally stop the operations of COSON.” “Lawyers”, “various issues”, “various courts” because of a simple forensic audit?


Wenger.jpg?fit=620%2C330&ssl=1

6min150

Ex-Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says he is ready to take a new role in football – but has admitted for the first time he might not return to management.

Wenger ended his 22-year Gunners reign after the 2017-18 season and previously stated he intended to take charge of a new club in early 2019.

But the 69-year-old Frenchman told the BBC: “I thought I will come back into management very quickly, but I enjoyed taking a little distance.

“Now I’m at a crossroads.”

Wenger was speaking at the launch of a new partnership with a sports technology company, which he is joining as an investor and operating partner.

The firm said Wenger would be taking an “active role in business and product development” of a device housed in a football boot that analyses players’ technical, tactical and physical performance.

It will not prevent the Frenchman from resuming his career in football. However 12 months out of work has given him a different outlook and may influence his next move.

“You will see me again in football. As a manager… I don’t know,” he said.

“In this year I did a lot of charity work, conferences – and I enjoyed it, I must say, to be a little bit less in highlights and less under stress.

“I’m less intense, but I have a better perspective of what’s going on. I see the mistakes managers make and I don’t pay the price for it.

“I came to the conclusion I want to share what I learned in my life, because I think life is only useful if, at some stage, you share what you know.

“In what way will it be? Will it be in just winning football games, or will it be in another way? That’s what I have to decide and that decision will come very quickly.

“Football is still my passion. I will come back soon – but I cannot tell you exactly in what capacity.”

‘I miss Arsenal because I left my heart in there’

Wenger won three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups after taking charge of Arsenal in 1996, becoming the north London side’s longest serving and most successful manager.

“I miss competition and I miss Arsenal because I left my heart in there,” he explained.

“I gave my life to this club for 22 years. Every minute of my life was dedicated to this club and I miss the values we developed inside the club.

“I support Arsenal. It will be forever my club.”

Europa League final a ‘nightmare’

Wenger has yet to attend a Gunners match since his departure, and he will again be watching on television when they face Premier League rivals Chelsea in the Europa League final in Baku, Azerbaijan on 29 May.

But he expressed displeasure at the choice of venue, given the travel problems encountered by both sets of supporters and the decision of Arsenal’s Armenia midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan not to participate because of political tensions between his country and the host nation.

“It’s a little bit of a nightmare [for the fans],” said Wenger.

“The teams have no problem. They live in ideal conditions – they have their private jet, nice business seats. But it’s the fans.

“That [Mkhitaryan’s situation] is something that should not happen in football.

“I feel it’s not normal that in 2019 – inside Europe, with very sophisticated democracies – that you cannot play for political reasons.”

With Liverpool and Tottenham meeting in the Champions League final, it is an all-Premier League line-up in the two major European showpieces.

Wenger says that is down to the “quality of work” of English teams but also the age of the squads of some of the European giants.

“Many teams who were dominant forces in Europe before – Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus – have collapsed,” said the Frenchman.

“Paris St-Germain had a good opportunity to win the Champions League this year and [there has been an] over-ageing of the other dominant forces.

“They have to renew their teams. The players who used to make the difference are a bit overage now.

“That’s why we will have a very, very interesting transfer market this summer.”


jose.png?fit=769%2C530&ssl=1

1min110

Jose Mourinho will not become the next Juventus manager despite being endorsed for the role by Cristiano Ronaldo, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that former Manchester United manager Mourinho is out of the Serie A champions’ price range after they spent in excess of £100m to bring Ronaldo the Turin last summer.

Five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo was prepared to put his previous differences with Mourinho to one side and recommended his former Real Madrid boss to the Juventus board.

Juventus are searching for a new manager after Massimiliano Allegri confirmed he will leave the club at the end of the season.


Leroy-Sane-Manchester-City.png?fit=930%2C620&ssl=1

1min80

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has confirmed the Bundesliga champions are in contact with Manchester City over signing Leroy Sane.

Bayern have emerged as favourites to sign Sane this summer after Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery left the Allianz Arena at the end of the season.

Sane has struggled for regular football under Pep Guardiola and Bayern have confirmed they are prepared to offer him a route out of the Etihad.

“We are dealing with this player,” Hoeness is quoted by Sueddeutsche Zeitung.


lydia agyeiMay 23, 2019
uganda-1.jpg?fit=560%2C340&ssl=1

3min130

Uganda head coach Sebastien Desabre has named a provisional 27-man squad for a special training camp in Abu Dhabi to prepare for the forthcoming Total Africa Cup of Nations Egypt 2019.

 

The squad will be captained by veteran goalkeeper Denis Onyango of Mamelodi Sundowns, who is one of the longest serving players in the squad currently.

 

“Onyango is dependable. Look at his recent form on the continent and for his club as well, we have to use his experience and help the other players that have not been to this level before. Our target is to have decent result especially in the first game,” Desabre said.

 

There are a couple of returning faces to the team that has a blend of the youth and experience. William Luwagga Kizito and Michael Azira, two players who played at AFCON 2017 in Gabon but have been out of the team for some time return to the fold.

 

“Every player has been assessed because of the good follow up from the technical department and now we know every player for the time we have had. The qualifiers were very good and it’s time to show we are of quality,” he added.

 

The Cranes contingent is expected to fly out on 27th May 2019 to Abu Dhabi, where they have lined up two friendly games.

 

Uganda are housed in Group A with host nation Egypt, DR Congo and Zimbabwe.

 

Full Squad

Goalkeepers: Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns, South Africa), Robert Odongkara (Adama City, Ethiopia), Charles Lukwago (KCCA), Jamal Salim (Al Hilal-Sudan)

 

Defenders:  Murushid Jjuuko (Simba, Tanzania), Ronald Mukiibi (Ostersunds, Sweden), Bevis Mugabi (Yeovil Town, England),  Isaac Muleme (FK Viktoria Zizkov, Czech Republic), Nico Wakiro Wadada (Azam FC, Tanzania), Hassan Wasswa Mawanda (Unattached), Joseph Ochaya (TP Mazembe, DR Congo), Timothy Denis Awanyi (KCCA), Godfrey Walsumbi (Unattached)

 

Midfielders:  William Luwagga Kizito (Shakhter Karagandy, Kazahstan), Khalid Aucho (Churchill Brothers, India), Faruku Miya (HNK Gorica, Croatia), Michael Azira (Montreal, Canada), Tadeo Lwanga (Vipers), Kirizestom Ntambi- Coffee FC, Ethiopia), Allan Kateregga (Maritzburg, South Africa), Moses Waiswa Moses (Vipers), Sadam Juma (KCCA)

 

Strikers: Alexis Bbakka (Carlstad United, Sweden), Emmanuel Arnold Okwi (Simba, Tanzania), Abdul Lumala (Syrianska FC, Sweden), Patrick Henry Kaddu (KCCA), Derrick Nsibambi (Smouha, Egypt), Allan Kyambadde (KCCA)


eugenia nyarkoMay 22, 2019

2min110

Nigerian musician, Naira Marley, who was arrested and detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been remanded in the prison custody by Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court in Lagos.

The judge made the remand order on Monday morning shortly after the musician was arraigned before him on 11 counts, bordering on credit card fraud.

Naira Marley had pleaded not guilty to the cyber fraud charges pressed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The judge adjourned till May 30 to take the bail application filed by the defense counsel, Taiwo Oreagba, on behalf of his client.

Meanwhile, earlier at the court, the musician who was wearing a white tee shirt and black trousers looked subdued as he was led into the dock.

A mild drama ensued when his mother on sighting him burst into uncontrollable tears while family members who accompanied her tried to pacify her.


lydia agyeiMay 22, 2019
egypt.jpg?fit=560%2C340&ssl=1

3min100

Host Egypt have announced a provisional 25-man squad for the impending Total Africa Cup of Nations.

 

Head Coach Javier Aguirre made public the list on Tuesday (21 May 2019) with Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah headlining the squad.

 

Aguirre recalled veteran Ahly winger Walid Soliman who had previously announced his international retirement. Soliman, who recently returned from a knee injury that sidelined him for almost four months last played for Egypt in 2016. There was also a place for Pyramids FC midfielder Abdullah El Said who missed the Pharaohs qualification campaign.

 

Veteran forward Ahmed Ali who plays trade for Arab Contractors returns to the squad after a brilliant domestic season that has seen him leading the scorers chart in the Egyptian Premier League on 18 goals.

 

The host nation will start their final preparatory camp in Borg El Arab on 6 June 2019 with two friendlies lined up against Tanzania and Guinea on 13 and 16 June respectively.

 

Egypt will kick off the tournament on 21 June at Cairo International Stadium against Zimbabwe in the opening match. Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda complete the Group A pool.

 

 

Full Squad

Goalkeepers: Ahmed Elshennawy (Pyramids), Mohamed Elshennawy (Ahly), Mahmoud “Gennesh” Abdel Rehim (Zamalek), Mohamed Abu Gabal (Smouha)

 

Defenders: Ahmed Elmohamady (Aston Villa / England), Ahmed Hegazi (West Bromwich Albion / England), Omar Gaber (Pyramids), Ali Ghazal (Feirense / Portugal), Ayman Ashraf (Ahly), Mahmoud Hamdy “Elwensh” (Zamalek), Baher Elmohamady (Ismaily), Ahmed Ayman Mansour (Pyramids), Mahmoud Alaa (Zamalek), Ahmed Aboul Fetouh (Smouha)

 

Midfielders: Walid Soliman (Ahly), Abdullah Elsaid (Pyramids), Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal / England), Tarek Hamed (Zamalek), Mahmoud “Trezeguet” Hassan (Kasimpasa /Turkey), Amr Warda (Atromitos / Greece), Nabil “Dunga” Emad (Pyramids)

 

Forwards: Mohamed Salah (Liverpool / England), Ahmed Ali (Arab Contractors), Marwan Mohsen (Ahly), Ahmed “Koka” Hassan (Olympiacos / Greece)


lydia agyeiMay 22, 2019
boateng.jpg?fit=493%2C292&ssl=1

2min180

Spanish giants Barcelona have said their final goodbyes to Ghanaian forward Kevin Prince Boateng as he leaves for Sassuolo in the summer.

The on-loan Sassuolo forward’s season at Barcelona came to an end after he was ruled out of the Copa del Rey final against Valencia due to injury.

Boateng endured a torrid time at Barcelona failing to score a goal in four appearances for the Catalan club.

When the 32-year old joined Barcelona, it was reported the club had an option of making the deal permanent if he impresses manager Ernesto Velverde.

But it is clear, the 2010 Ghana World Cup star failed to live up to expectation, hence a return to Italy in the summer.

Despite moving back to Sassuolo, Boateng has won the La Liga and could add the Copa del Rey medal to his accolades if Barcelona secure a domestic double.

 


lydia agyeiMay 22, 2019
angola.jpg?fit=480%2C270&ssl=1

3min110

Angola announced on Tuesday a provisional list for this summer’s Africa Cup of Nations, which is set to be played in Egypt from 21 June to 19 July.

Coach Srdjan Vasiljevic named a 27-player list that includes 11 home-based players.

Ahly’s winger Hermenegildo ‘Geraldo’ Bartomlomeu makes part of the Angolan list for the continental competition.

The 27-year-old joined Ahly in January from Angolan side Primiero de Agosto and has made many convincing displays, scoring three goals in 16 appearances with the Red Devils so far.

Lazio defender Bastos Quissanga features in the list as well as Girona defender Jonas Ramalho.

Angola will play in Group E alongside Tunisia, Mauritania and Mali.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Tony Cabaça  (1º de Agosto), Landu ( Inter-club), Ndulu ( Desportivo da Huila)

Defenders: Eddie Afonso (Petro de Luanda), Wilson Gaspar ( Petro de Luanda), Dani Massunguna  (1º de Agosto), Paizo (1º de Agosto), Isaac  (1º de Agosto), Jonathan Buatu (Rio Aves,Portugal), Clinton da Mata (Club Brugge, Belgium), Bastos Quissanga (Lazio ,Italy), Jonas Ramalho (Girona, Spain), Bruno Gaspar (Sporting Club, Portugal)

Midfielders: Herenilsno do Carmo (Petro de Luanda), Macaia  (1º de Agosto), Show (1º de Agosto), Stelvio da Cruz ( F91 Dudelange, Belgium),

strikers: Mabululu (1º de Agosto), Chico (FC Bravos do Maquis, Moxico), Gelson Dala (Rio Ave, Portugal), Mateus (Galiano  Boavista ,Portugal), Freddy ( Antalyaspor ,Turkey), Djalma Campos (Alanyaspor ,Turkey), Geraldo ( Ahly,Egypt), Wilson Eduardo (Sporting de Braga,Portugal), Jeremie Bela (Albacete ,Spain)

Credit:ghanasoccernet.com



About us

OMY TV is a limited liability company which has been registered and approved by the Registrar General’s Office of Ghana and has acquired all the necessary certificates necessary to operate in the country, thus the Certificate of Operation and Certificate to commence business


CONTACT US

CALL US ANYTIME