seedof.jpeg?fit=634%2C613&ssl=1

2min150

The president of the Cameroon Football Federation Prince Seidou Mbombo Njoya have signed a release terminating the contracts of Dutch duo Clarence Clyde Seedorf and Patrick Kluivert following the Indomitable Lions disappointing display at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.

This decision comes after the countries minister of Sports and Physical Education announced 24 hours earlier on national Television (CRTV) that the results and style of football practiced by the Cameroon team under the two coaches was unsatisfactory and he had called for the federation to inform the coaches of Cameroon’s intention to discontinue the working relationship between the country and the coaches.

Seedorf took a very talented Cameroon team to THE 2019 AFCON in Egypt but failed to bring out the best in the Team and as defending Champions the team won just one of 4 games before been kicked out of the tournament in the 16th finals by eventual semi finalists Nigeria.

Seedorf’s era as Coach of Cameroon though less than 12 months old have been plagued by controversies ranging from players critizing him publicly to illogical selection fringe players, disagreement with his colleagues and arrogance towards his environment amongst others.

Cameroon will now go out in search of a replacement for the pair and other vacant places in the technical bench that may be created in the days ahead.

Seedorf leaves with a disappointing win rate of 33% in 12 games as Coach of Cameroon.

His departure has been endorsed by the boss of FECAFOOT who should be in Cairo this Thursday for the CAF General Assembly.


SARFO-DUKUU.jpg?fit=1024%2C617&ssl=1

1min100

Ghana Premier League side, Asante Kotoko have dissolved their communication team which comprises of 12 members with immediate effect.

The decision to dissolve the communication team is part of the process to restructure the club according to the Public Relations Officer Samuel Sarfo Duku.

“I have dissolved the 12-member communication team. The decision comes as part of the ongoing restructuring in the club, he told the club’s website.

“I am so grateful to the members for everything they did for the club,” “It has been so nice working with them. I wish them all the best in their future endeavors. I will be coming out with a new team in the coming days.”, he added.


lampard-and-chelsea-players-644x375.jpg?fit=644%2C375&ssl=1

3min90

Frank Lampard believes Chelsea does not need to sign new players this summer for the team to challenge for the big titles next season.

The Blues are banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows but that will not affect Chelsea’s plan going into the new season according to Lampard.

The former England international who was appointed as the club’s new boss last week on a three-year deal pointed to the feat the team achieved last season as a sign why Chelsea will not suffer from the transfer ban.  The Blues won the Europa League and finished in the top three last season with the same current crop of players at Lampard’s disposal bar Hazard and Gonzalo Higuain.

With Pulisic arriving and some of the club’s young players signing long term deals at the club, Lampard believes the team is well equipped to compete on all levels next season.

He also hinted how he wants his team to play ahead of next season. The former Manchester City star said he wants a team that can work hard with and without the ball.

“I know the club very well, I know the players very well.  I have my own way on how I want to work with the players”. “I have to say in one week we have been training, I have been very happy with the quality of the players”.

“My job now is to work hard in pre-season with them”. ” I like my team to play with a lot of energy and speed with and without the ball”.

“So if we lose the ball, I want us to win it as quickly as we can”. “And when we have the ball, I want us to create chances to win games and to feel like we playing a football that we enjoy”.

The 40-year-old also revealed he hopes Callum Hudson Odoi and other Chelsea youngsters follow Mason Mount suit by signing a new contract.

He believes Odoi will be an important player for both Chelsea and England in the future. He also revealed he is willing to give young players a chance at the club, but they will have to show they can make the difference.


Valverde-finds-room-for-Coutinho-and-Dembélé.jpg?fit=600%2C338&ssl=1

1min120

In a desperate move to sign Brazilian star, Neymar from PSG, Barcelona have decided to offer the Paris club Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele and £35million’ for the player.

Neymar, who has not hidden his desire to return to the Camp Nou after a controversial period with the French club last season.

Keen to bring him back to the Nou Camp, Barca have offered both Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele along with additional cash to tempt the French champions, as report AS.

The Spanish publication say Barca will also add £35million (€40m) into the deal, though any official talks between the two clubs have not yet begun.

PSG’s Qatari hierarchy had made clear they had no intentions of selling Neymar, who they acquired after triggering his £198million release clause in July 2017.

Neymar signed a five-year deal in Paris worth £596,000 a week, and still has three years left to run.

PSG owner Sheikh Nasser Al-Khelaifi wants to at least recover the £198m (€222m) paid for Neymar, and poor relations between the two clubs has left PSG sitting resolute on a £270m (€300m) asking price.


Norma.jpg?fit=768%2C576&ssl=1

2min140

The Normalization Committee of the Ghana Football Association has released the road map leading to the handing over of power to a new GFA Executive Committee.

The road map which details the program for the review of the new Ghana FA statutes, election of Constituent bodies, election of a new GFA Board Chairman, playing of a special commemorative match, dubbed Normalization Committee Super Cup, and a Presidential Cup.

The map which was drafted on May 28, has the presentation of a draft amended Statutes which was sent to FIFA on April 29.

It has July 24 as the day of the announcement of election committee, with congress scheduled for July 31.

The Normalization Committee was instituted by FIFA to reform Ghana football following an investigative work carried out by Anas Aremeyaw Anas to uncover rot in the football fraternity in Ghana and the whole of Africa.

The investigative journalist’s work uncovered shocking levels of corruption and ethical breaches in the activities of some officials of the GFA.

The GFA, with its executive committee, was then dissolved and its president at the time, Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi, given a temporal ban – one which was to be later extended to a life ban on all football-related activities.

Check the detailed road map to the GFA elections below;


Pernnel.jpg?fit=728%2C546&ssl=1

4min150
Source: TMZ Sports


5min190

Barcelona have completed the signing of Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann. The French international had a 120 million euro release which the Camp Nou side are believed to have triggered.

It had been expected to be a straightforward summer switch. Back in May, Griezmann announced he would be seeking a new challenge away from the Wanda Metropolitano.

The La Liga champions had courted his signature the summer prior. Everything appeared set in stone.

Until Neymar became available and Barcelona showed interest in re-signing a player they let go two years ago under controversial clouds.

Embedded video

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

You were waiting for this.

24.8K people are talking about this

All is now settled as the Spanish giants shelve their Neymar plans to complete the Griezmann deal.

Griezmann puts an end to his five-year stay at Atletico – a team he joined from Real Sociedad – to pen another five-year contract with Barcelona.

The France international made 257 appearances for Atletico, winning the Europa League and UEFA Super Cup in 2018.


GYAN-G.jpg?fit=1024%2C683&ssl=1

3min340

General Captain of the Black Stars, Asamoah Gyan has described Ghana’s campaign at the Africa Cup of Nations as a disappointing one after the team was eliminated in the round of 16.

Ghana lost to Tunisia 5-4 on penalties after the game had ended 1-1 after regulation time. The win granted the Carthage Eagles their first win over the Black Stars in the tournament and they will face Madagascar at the quarter-final stage on Thursday.

Gyan who was introduced into the game eight minutes to end was key to Ghana’s equalizing goal against Tunisia which sent the game into extra time. Speaking to the media after the disappointing exit from the tournament he said “our campaign has been disappointing; we have been to several semi-finals in the previous tournaments and it is bad to exit in the round of 16”.

“We dominated the game and had a lot of chances but we couldn’t take them”, he added.

Asamoah Gyan also hinted that the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Egypt is likely to be his last.

Speaking to journalists after the game, Gyan said the team will return home to prepare for the next Afcon qualifiers.

“We’re out, we’re sad, we’ve to go home and see what went wrong. We’ve got young players, hungry players… they’ve to go to their clubs, if they’re down here they will be mentally down in their clubs and we’ve to just psyche them up and they’ve to go to their clubs to prove that they can deliver and we will prepare for the qualifiers again.”

Asked if Egypt 2019 was his last Afcon, Gyan said: “Yes, it could be my last”, adding: “Many things happened but I have to go home and think about it well and then see what happens. This is my seventh Africa Cup of Nations, so, I’ll just have to go home and think about it well before I come out to say anything.”

Gyan has scored in six Afcon tournaments, a record currently held by him alongside Cameroonian legend Samuel Eto’o and Zambian Kalusha Bwalya.

Gyan is the all-time leading goal scorer of the Ghana national team.


women-in-sports.jpg?fit=600%2C450&ssl=1

5min250

On July 4th 2019, the French Embassy organized an event themed « Women in sports: Inequalities, obstacles and reasons for hope » at Alliance Française. This event was a great opportunity to discuss issues regarding women’s sports.

Renowned guests to tackle a fundamental issue

A representative of the French Embassy recalled France’s commitment in promoting gender equality through sports development. The screening of a documentary on Women’s football in India permitted the introduction of some relevant issues such as position of women in sports, women’s potential in sports and obstacles that prevent their advancement in sports. Three panelists were given the opportunity to share their thoughts and opinions regarding women in sports. Among them were, Madam Joyce Mahama, the President of Women in Sports Association of Ghana (WOSPAG), Eric Adoku, Activities Coordinator for Dunk Grassroots, an NGO aimed at empowering girls in underprivileged communities through sports (with future support of the French Embassy) and AmeleyTurkson, former boxer and acting head of Amateur Boxing Referees/Judges in Ghana. The discussion was moderated by Juliet Bawuah, sports journalist and founder of “Africa Women’s Sports Summit”, an event which took place this year and addressed issues regarding women’s place in the sports sector.

Deep topics discussed

During the discussion, the three panelists addressed different topics that led to an engaging discussion. The discussion first identified some obstacles that women face in the practice of sports (which is an image of what they are living in the society) and then suggested ways of solving them. Joyce Mahama, the WOSPAG president proposed the change of attitudes and mentalities, indicating that women should be given notable roles in Sport institutions: “We need to have more women holding important positions. In federations there are only men”. She said. AmeleyTurkson added, that with regards to education: “Women in sports: we need education, that’s all”. The discussion also focused on the need to do away with gender distinction in sports: “We are talking about Football, not only men or women football but only Football” stressed Juliet Bawuah.
At the end, possible remedies were discussed and the panelists also shared their experiences and aspirations. The audience also took part in the discussion, i.e. members of the civil society, such as : Right to Play, Care and Action for mental Health (supported by the Embassy in its Inclusion project to aid people with mental illness through sports) and sports specialized companies such as Decathlon.

Juliet Bawuah also invited the audience to go to the stadiums and arenas where women play high-level sports to support them in order to make them exist in the media and in the public policies of sport.

Sports and Gender: Important issues for the French Embassy

The Women’s World Cup organized in France (June 7th-July 7th) has permitted to turn the spotlight on women in sports and to show that this is an important issue for France. This was also an opportunity to discuss two themes which are part of the strategic vision of France in Ghana: Obstacles confronting Women in sports and more broadly on gender equality issues.
Indeed, it’s not the first time that the Embassy of France in Ghana is engaging in sports diplomacy and promotion of sports but also in the area of gender equality, a major focus of the Franco-Ghanaian cooperation.


Neymar.jpg?fit=620%2C375&ssl=1

2min170

Paris St-Germain’s sporting director Leonardo Araujo has revealed that the Brazilian superstar would be allowed to leave should the club receive the right offer for him.

Neymar Jr failed to show up at the club’s pre-season training ground on Monday as planned, fuelling rumours he’s trying to engineer a move back to Spain.

The French League winners quickly issued a scathing statement blasting the former Santos star while promising to take “appropriate actions” against him.

PSG were thought to be unwilling to sell their star striker but in a sharp twist of event, the club’s sporting director has revealed that the Ligue 1 giants are open to offers from serious buyers of the player.

“Neymar can leave PSG, if there is an offer that suits everyone,” Leonardo told Le Parisien. “But to date, we do not know if anyone wants to buy him or at what price. All this is not done in a day, that’s for sure.

“It’s clear to everyone [that Neymar wants to leave], but in football, you say one thing today and tomorrow another. It’s amazing but it’s like that.

“We talked with his entourage too. Everyone knows everything. The position is clear for all participants. But one thing is concrete today: he still has three years of contract with us and since we have not received an offer, we cannot discuss anything.”

He added: “PSG wants to rely on players who want to stay and build something big. We do not need players who would do a favour for the club by staying here.”

Neymar Junior, still recuperating from an injury that ruled him out of Brazil’s victorious campaign at the Copa America, is reportedly unhappy in France and wants to return to Barcelona.

The 27 year-old joined PSG from Barcelona two years ago for 222 million euros and still has three years left on his contract.



About us

OMY TV is a limited liability company which has been registered and approved by the Registrar General’s Office of Ghana and has acquired all the necessary certificates necessary to operate in the country, thus the Certificate of Operation and Certificate to commence business


CONTACT US

CALL US ANYTIME