Nanaama sakyiwaaApril 17, 2019
11244055_web1_BOX-CRAWHORN_060918ev_018.jpg?fit=1050%2C700&ssl=1

4min470

NEW YORK CITY (April 16, 2019) — WBO welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford and Amir “King” Khan hosted a media workout today at EverybodyFights, as the pair prepares for Saturday evening’s Top Rank on ESPN PPVshowdown at Madison Square Garden.

The stacked undercard will feature a pair of highly anticipated co-features: Lightweight sensation Teofimo Lopez will fight Edis Tatli in a 12-rounder, while featherweight phenom Shakur Stevenson will face former world title challenger Christopher Diaz in a 10-rounder.

In the 10-round televised opener, Felix Verdejo seeks to return to lightweight contention versus former interim world champion Bryan Vasquez.

Here is what the PPV fighters had to say.

 

Terence Crawford

“I feel like I’m already the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Beating Amir Khan would only solidify my place in the sport. Amir Khan is undefeated as a welterweight and can’t be underestimated. He has great hand speed, movement, and some power as well. I want to showcase all of my talents in this fight.”

“I don’t worry about the bigger names. My focus is on Amir Khan. He is the task at hand. I’ve never overlooked an opponent.”

“I feel like a lot of times people don’t give me credit for who I’ve beaten. I’ve defeated gold medalists, undefeated fighters, world champions. It doesn’t matter. Before my fights, people talk about how it’s going to be the hardest fight of my career. Then I beat them, and people make them seem like they were nothing. I am going to keep doing what I’m doing and keep being victorious.”

“I am on a high level right now, and the way I beat people makes it seem like they don’t belong in the ring with me. Against Khan, I will show everyone again why I’m the best fighter in the world.” He expressed.

 

 

source:boxingghana


Nanaama sakyiwaaApril 11, 2019
maxresdefault-4.jpg?fit=1200%2C675&ssl=1

2min460

Sam Maxwell stepped into Vasyl Lomachenko’s heartland and gives a hint of what lies ahead for Anthony Crolla after his amateur duels with a ‘special’ opponent.

There’s no ideal way to prepare for Vasyl Lomachenko. Joe Gallagher and Anthony Crolla will have spent the last few months scrutinising video footage of the Ukrainian, and a number of southpaw sparring marvels will have provided Crolla with their best impression of the two-time Olympic gold medallist. Sam Maxwell, the current WBO

European champion, thanks to a marvellous last-minute knockout last month, knows everything that is going through Crolla’s mind right now ahead of his world title fight with Lomachenko in the early hours of Saturday, live on Sky Sports.


rickyben anarfiApril 1, 2019
Capture-21.jpg?fit=467%2C422&ssl=1

10min640

Floyd Mayweather will return to boxing against Manny Pacquiao or when ‘the right man gets in his face,’ his father has claimed.

Mayweather, now 42, supposedly hung up his gloves for good after victory over Conor McGregor in August 2017.

But he returned to the ring in December for an exhibition fight against Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa and has since been teasing a possible rematch with Pacquiao.

Floyd Mayweather has been spending time in Dubai

The American could soon make a return to the ring

The American hung up his gloves following victory over Conor McGregor back in August 2017

But his father Floyd Snr believes he will fight again, claiming his son 'has still got the fire in him'

Mayweather, who has been spending time in Dubai, outpointed his rival in the richest fight in boxing history back in 2015 and Floyd Snr believes his son will lace up the gloves again soon.

‘Right now I have to say myself that Floyd’s still got the fire in him. I’m not just saying it because it’s the way it is,’ he told the Las Vegas Sports Network.

‘When a person says he’s retired, he’s retired. But it seems right now to me that he’s doing that (supposed to be fighting) pretty much every month.

‘I don’t know whether he (is training) sometimes. I know one thing, he’s going to get back in the gym and terrorise some things… I’m saying that because it’s going to happen, for real.’

Mayweather outpointed rival Manny Pacquiao in the richest fight in history back in 2015

The pair have since teased a money-spinning rematch and bumped into each other in January

Pacquiao, who beat Adrien Broner in his last outing in January, has been chasing the rematch for years.

The Filipino sensation, a veteran of 70 professional fights, complained of injury in the wake of the first fight. But Mayweather Snr insists his son will return, whether Pacquiao is in the opposite corner or not.

‘I think he’s going to return when the right man gets in his face. Pacquiao was mouthing off so he can get it again too. I heard they were speaking about fighting again, but I don’t know what the talks at the fights were (really) about.

‘But it doesn’t make any difference if the fight with Pacquiao is on or not. I think there’s some kind of return for Floyd. I don’t know exactly who.’

Mayweather looks to be enjoying his retirement

The unbeaten American has won all 50 of his fights

The 42-year-old returned to the ring in January to face Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition fight


rickyben anarfiMarch 29, 2019
bcadcf783e12ed8da45fc25f59371853.jpg?fit=300%2C224&ssl=1

2min610

Ghana’s Isaac Paa Kwesi Ankrah, one of the experienced boxers will be looking forward to relaunch his career at the SKYCIT Convention Center, Auckland, New Zealand.

“The Volcano” Ankrah as they call him will lock horns with Robert Berridge from New Zealand. The fight which was originally scheduled for March 30 has been postponed to May 8 due to visa acquisition hitches. When BoxingGhana.com caught with him, this is what he had to say “this is a great opportunity for me to rekindle my career and I have adequately prepared to stop Berridge in New Zealand.” said Ankrah.

Ankrah 39, (14-9, 12KO) has had two losses in his recent outings including a terrible lost against Firat Arslan in a vacant WBO cruiserweight intercontinental championship.

Berridge 38, (30-7-1, 22KO) will also want to entertain his home crowd and win convincingly.


rickyben anarfiMarch 29, 2019
FB_IMG_1543394060371.jpg?fit=720%2C480&ssl=1

4min540

National Lightweight boxing champion, Michael Ansah has declared his readiness to fight any opponent including undefeated Patrick Ayi aka The Alligator who recently challenged him.

Ansah whose hard work has earned him being rated number one in his division by the Commonwealth Boxing Council says he will switch off anyone who faces him in the ring as he has found his rhythm and secret to success after being advised by top stars like former Black Stars captain Stephen Appiah and former world boxing champion Ike Bazooka Quartey.

He said the top sports heroes have taught him many things that are good for sportsmen and he is practicing them.

Now managed and promoted by Box Office, the leading boxing promotions entity in Ghana, he accepted the challenge and has signed to fight Patrick Ayi who trains at the Wisdom Boxing Gym under national coach Asare.

Alex Ntiamoah-Boakye, CEO of Box Office Sports Promotions disclosed that Michael Ansah has agreed to fight and already signed the fight contract.

He said “One Bullet Ansah on March 26, 2019 joyfully signed the fight contract to fight Patrick Ayi aka Alligator for Commonwealth Final Eliminator/ National Super Featherweight Super Championship (D.K. Poison Honorary Championship Belt) on June 28, 2019 slated for Bukom Boxing Arena. We will make it happen by the Grace of Almighty God. The fans shall surely see this fight as Box Office Sports will make it happen.

The venue will certainly be the Bukom Boxing Arena, and it is going to be another great fight by two great boxers from Ghana who are finding a way to break through to hit the international front.

Both have fans and supporters in the James Town, Bukom, Chorkor, Korle Gonno and Mamprobi where the fans will massively come from to cheer the boxers.


Nanaama sakyiwaaMarch 25, 2019
temp_1551040718165.jpg?fit=720%2C720&ssl=1

2min870

 

WBO Global, IBF International lightweight champion as well as WBO Africa titlist Emmanuel Tagoe is now the number three best in the world according to the World Boxing Organization latest rankings released.

By this Emmanuel “Game “Boy Tagoe’s world title aspirations is clearer and better than ever going into the second quarter of 2019.

The wity Ghanaian fighter is gradually inching closer to a shot at the world strap hopefully against Vasily Lomachenko.

Rated number one contender in the WBO latest rankings is Roman Andreev of Russia before Philippines Mercito Gesta in second position on the log, then comes Africa and Global WBO lightweight champion in third position, Ghana’s Emmanuel Tagoe nicknamed the ‘Game Boy.’

Edis Tatli of Finland is number 4 on the log with Teofimo Lopez making a big entry in 5 position.

Currently Mikey Garcia is still the champion in the WBC though floored by Errol Spence whiles Richard Commey maintains that of the IBF with Ukrainian poster boy Vasily Lomachenko occupying the WBO slot.

The full comprehensive log will be posted by boxing Ghana very soon.


rickyben anarfiMarch 25, 2019
9858048-6708241-image-m-11_1550232171745.jpg?fit=470%2C655&ssl=1

26min630

Ike Ibeabuchi abducted his estranged girlfriend’s 15-year-old son one night in 1997 and was driving along the Interstate 35 in Austin with him in the car when he decided to ram it into a concrete pillar in an attempt to end it all.

Ibeabuchi was only 24, a heavyweight boxer at the peak of his powers, but who was slowly being consumed by his inner demons. As he was dragged away from the rubble, covered in blood and dust, wide-eyed and delirious, he thought he had ended his nightmare.

It had only been a couple of months since he outgunned David Tua in an epic fight that still boasts the record for most punches thrown in a heavyweight contest (1,730). The win had catapulted him into contention for a world title fight. He had moved one step closer to emulating his hero Mike T

But his life unravelled due to his mental illness


Nanaama sakyiwaaMarch 19, 2019
JoshuaBuatsiAnthonyJoshuavsJosephParkerZLeOHTuS3A_l.jpg?fit=600%2C402&ssl=1

5min880

 

Olympic bronze medallist Joshua Buatsi is set to extend his nine-fight unbeaten record to ten when he clash gloves with Liam Conroy for the vacant British light heavyweight title on Saturday 23rd of March 2019.

Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hackney Wick, London, United Kingdom will see the World Boxing Association International Light Heavyweight champion face Liam Conroy for the opportunity to wear the vacant British strap.

The Ghanaian born Buatsi, moved to Croydon with his family during his childhood days and is now a naturalised British citizen.

Joshua Buatsi (9-0,7KOs) is fast establishing his credentials as one of the most feared light-heavweights title prospects.

The 26 year old dispatched Renold Quinlan under 2 minutes in December 22, 2018 at the 02 Arena in London.

Liam Conroy (16-3-1,8 KOs) is the current English lightweight champion who is hoping to make a comeback after some setbacks in the past. He comes up against an in-form fighter in Buatsi who is currently unsung blowing away opponents via TKO’s.

Managed by current world champion Anthony Joshua under the stables of Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom, Buatsi is very confident of a resounding victory against Conroy.

“If it’s the first round it’s the first round. Don’t be surprised it’s the first, it could happen again.” Buatsi said.

“It’s not about the opponent. It’s a title that I want to win, it’s part of the journey that I’m taking. Conroy is the man that’s been put forward and on March 23 it’s going to happen. I’ll be doing everything within my will and my power to win that title,” said Buatsi.

“I’ve been putting in the work in the gym and I’ve been getting sparring that’s been more than ten rounds. I’ve been putting in the work physically and mentally and as my trainer will say, as the runs go on I get better and better.

They might think that I’ve only done three one rounders but that’s cool, I’ll be prepared, I’ll be there from one to twelve so whichever number it is, if I see the opening I’ll take it.”

But Liam Conroy has other ideas going into the fight and is very optimistic of his chances.

“This is a massive fight but I think it’s been a long time coming. I won my British title fight eliminator in 2017 and I’ve just been working relentlessly since,” said Conroy.

“This has always been my goal. I’m just dead grateful for being on the show. I’d like to thank Matchroom for putting on the show against Buatsi, but it’s not about the opponent, it’s about my journey and the British title is my dream.” He concluded.

 

 

 

source:boxinginghana


rickyben anarfiMarch 14, 2019
skysports-deontay-wilder-boxing_4275101.jpg?fit=768%2C432&ssl=1

8min700
Deontay Wilder has been offered a fortune to sign for streaming network DAZN with a view to fighting Anthony Joshua this winter for the undisputed world heavyweight title.

But so deep is the WBC champion’s suspicion that the multi-belted Joshua will again fail to come to terms that he has lined up a back-up opponent this winter.

Wilder is set to make announcements about his future next Tuesday, following the sudden collapse of his projected rematch with Tyson Fury. 

American Deontay Wilder has been offered a fortune to sign for streaming network DAZN

Wilder is eyeing a fight with Anthony Joshua for the undisputed world heavyweight title

 

The American knockout artist is expected to confirm a mid-May defence of his world title against mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale.

He is also likely to approve a DAZN deal worth $80million  for two fights but rising to $100m if that includes the unification match with Joshua.

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn says that makes the Wilder fight finally likely to happen but given the past breakdowns in negotiations the Bronze Bomber has put the undefeated Brooklyn-based Polish heavyweight Adam Kownacki on standby.

The injection of huge amounts of new TV money into big-time boxing has shifted the focus from Wilder and Fury reprising their dramatic December draw.

The Gypsy King’s £80m contract with the ESPN network in the US prevents him following through with that immediate rematch. He will fight an alternative opponent in May or June.

Wilder looked set for a rerun of his December classic against Tyson Fury until talks fell through

The WBC heavyweight champion will face his compatriot Dominic Breazeale in his next fight

With DAZN already televising Joshua’s fights in America – including the June 1 clash with New York’s Jarrell Miller in Madison Square Garden – their move for Wilder revives hopes that they will fight each other at the end of this year.

However, Kownacki’s promoter Keith Connolly tells Sky Sports: ‘We have spoken with Wilder’s promoter Al Haymon and the thinking is that Adam has one more fight to be ready for a world title fight in December. It all depends on what happens with Joshua but that’s the plan.’

Wilder has repeatedly accused Joshua of ducking him by making ‘low-ball’ offers and expressed doubts that the fight could ever be made. And although Hearn has been instrumental in launching DAZN in America he has been excluded from the talks involving Wilder and his co-manager Shelly Finkel.

So quickly is the sand moving under feet that Fury, having claimed prime position with his heroics against Wilder, is in danger of being usurped by Joshua.  There are suggestions that Wilder is most likely to take the $80ms for fights against Breazeale and Kownacki, confident that he can negotiate much more than an extra $20m for a showdown with Joshua.

Joshua, meanwhile, takes on American Jarrell 'Big Baby' Miller in New York on June 1


cecil stanley tagoeMarch 11, 2019

3min940

 

Eranda ‘Baby Wonder’ Ireni showcased all the technique, zeal and resilience to stop her Ghanaian opponent Anita Arday in the second round of their amateur three round bout at the Bukom Boxing Arena.

 

The bout started with the two fighters exhibiting what they are made off but Baby Wonder was listening to her coach and following his instructions, she showed her skill and was the toast of fans on the day.

 

She stopped Anita Arday in the second round and the fans were chanting her name all the time until the bout came to an end. She bettered her record to 8 fights without a lost with four of her fights ending by the shortest route.

 

In her speech with Omy television she said ‘I give thanks to my management especially my coach Lawrence Nyanyo Nmai because he is the best coach ever and with him I will go places’.

 

She is optimistic that when the chance avails itself again she will come back here and fight because the people here in Ghana are hospitable.

 

Watch out for more exclusive on Eranda ‘Baby Wonder’ Ireni the next big name in Muay Thai Championship.

 

Story by Cecil Stanley Nii Teiko Tagoe

 



About us

OMY TV is a limited liability company which has been registered and approved by the Registrar General’s Office of Ghana and has acquired all the necessary certificates necessary to operate in the country, thus the Certificate of Operation and Certificate to commence business


CONTACT US

CALL US ANYTIME